PHASE CHANGE COOLING PRODUCTS
Q: What temperature is the Phase Change Material (PCM)?
A: A comfortable 58 degrees F (14 degrees C).
do you activate PCM?
A: Solidify the inserts by placing them in a fridge, freezer, or ice water.
Q: How long does
it take to activate them?
A: Approximately 30 minutes.
Q: How much does PCM weigh?
A: PCM is 25% lighter than
Q: Is PCM safe?
A: Yes, it is non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and non-flammable.
Q: Is PCM reusable?
Yes, the inserts can be re-activated over and over again.
Q: How long will the PCM stay activated?
A: Vest inserts
will remain at 58 degrees F (14 degrees C) for up to 3 hours.
Phase Change Cooling Technology
- Commonly used under military combat gear, hazardous materials suits, mascot costumes, and other apparel
- Provide cooling comfort and heat stress protection in high temperature environments
- Phase Change Material (PCM) releases long-lasting, temperature-specific (58 degrees F, 14 degrees C), cooling relief
- PCM is non-toxic, non-flammable, durable, reusable, lighter than water, and does not produce condensation
Easy to Use
- Submerge PCM inserts in ice water for up to 45 minutes, or place in a freezer, until solid
- Return inserts to garment pockets
- Wear; repeat steps as needed (or use additional inserts for continuous relief)